Sunday, February 15, 2015

SAFW Designer Pop Up Shop:

Over the weekend, I visited Eastgate mall after receiving an invite from SA Fashion Week to attend their Pop Up Designer store. Rails of  merchandise from various South African designers , both emerging and established, were set up at the entrance of Edgars.

I was pleased to see some of the usual designers whose shows I watch at Fashion Week, such as Sies!Isabelle, Rubicon, Colleen Eitzeen, JJ Schoeman and Black Coffee. There were also some new designers and brands on show.

The established designers:


My friend Naayrah & I with JJ Schoeman

Black Coffee. Remember this from the last SAFW?






What caught my attention from the Rubicon rail was these A-line skirts and dresses that each had a different texture detailing on them. This pop up store was the perfect place for anyone to purchase proudly South African designer garments at affordable prices due to such a wide offering.
The designers and brands new to me:

 Left: Designer of T'niche
Right: Designer of Ariella apparel
(New start up designers to watch out for in the SA fashion industry.)
Tercia Naidoo pictured left designed an amazing cape which I will most probably be wearing to SA Fashion Week in March. There will be a showcase of a 15 piece super hero inspired collection at SAFW, which is why I would like to wear the cape, to appreciate the theme in a trendy way (WATCH THIS SPACE).

Loubna is a painter who paints on canvases but then translates her paintings onto garments for her brand, Loayo.

Rosey & Vittori
We stumbled across this street wear label from Cape Town, that had mainly sporty menswear but Naayrah and I both fell in love with this “Haute” tank and purchased it for ourselves. They are set to be launching a new women’s range soon. Here’s the link to their site:
Last but definitely not least,
Rings and things:
My new favourite accessories brand. They had everything from moustache watches, quirky rings and these amazing sunnies that I purchased. Have a look at their online store for more. I’m just about itching to make my next purchase already.
The sunglasses i bought.

What was on show.



My look:
Vintage top: Asseblief
Bag: Cotton On
Heels: Mr Price

If this pop up store was anything to go by, I simply cannot wait for SAFW.





































No comments:

Post a Comment