Monday, February 2, 2015

Asseblief Vintage Sale


Everybody loves sales but this sale was one for the books. Asseblief, a vintage brand which has a stall that can be found every Saturday at Neighbourgoods Market in Braamfontein, hosted their annual “fill-a-bag” sale this past Saturday. The sale took place in Melville, in a little dance studio with tables topped with piles of vintage clothing.


I arrived at around 9 a.m. with the sale set to start at 10 a.m. The way the sale worked was that you were allowed to fill two bags of clothes per person; as long as the bag could be tied closed once you have filled it up, all the clothes in the bag were yours for just R100!

Usually time limited sales are very chaotic, but I found that the Asseblief sale was very well organized and so I felt pleasantly satisfied with my experience thereafter. Only a handful of people were allowed into the studio at a time to browse and select their items, we were among the first to go inside.  My strategy was to collect any item that looked remotely to my liking; before checking out I sorted out the clothes into what I actually wanted and what I wanted to leave behind. I walked away from the sale with ten amazing vintage pieces of clothing, a few jackets, blazers and dresses later I left the sale, a happy customer.


Outfit details: dress: Cotton On, bag: Cotton On, shoes: Zara

The owner of Asseblief, Chris Wagner, seemed pleased at the turn out for his event. He wore a trendy black dungaree and watched on as we all went crazy filling our bags. He chatted to me at the counter and said excitedly that Asseblief is now expanding to open their very first store in Cape Town. The online store will also be launching soon so be sure to keep an eye out for that or if not visit the Neighbourgoods market to get a feel of what the brand is all about, before the next sale at least.

Chris Wagner.

Meet Derick, he was also working at the vintage sale with Chris. I spotted him with original Jeremy Scott sneakers and couldn’t resist taking a picture.


-------------

 Here are some of the items of clothing I bought:



Being a creative, I intend to further enhance these garments by adding on a few of my own ideas of trims like unusual buttons or zips. I also plan on finding classic linings and additional fabrics to tweak the coats I bought, making them “new vintage.” Hopefully I will be able to do so soon while juggling campus and running a home. However for now, I am already anticipating the next sale.




























No comments:

Post a Comment