Sunday, October 23, 2016

Give Jozi a Try:

I have become accustomed to being a fashion blogger, but more recently I've come to realize that I want to venture into lifestyle blogging too. Often, I go out to new places with friends and family and Snapchat the whole experience, but I never really put it on my blog. There's so many fun and exciting things to do in Johannesburg all the time and I want to share them all with you.

This weekend I did three exciting things and if you would like to adventure around Jozi, I would highly recommend them to you:

1) Visit Paul's Homemade Ice Cream situated in The Zone at Rosebank to try their flavour of the month. The flavour of the month is "Trick or Treat" for Halloween. The ice cream flavour itself is spiced pumpkin, butter pecan and cinnamon caramel. Yum!

2) Visit The Milk Bar, situated at 21 Keyes Avenue, Johannesburg. The Milk Bar is a vintage and eclectic look and feel restaurant. The restaurant is decorated with wooden and shweshwe printed chairs, African artwork and loads of plants. It isn't Halaal unfortunately so I had a vegetarian toasty with a lemonade and mint frozen drink, which is perfect for a light afternoon meal. If you are looking for a cool place to hang out with your friends, I'd highly recommend it. 






They have other vegetarian options for breakfast on the menu too, vegetarian pies and vegetarian bunny chows aside from the meat dishes on the menu. There's also a selection of cakes on offer.



What I like most of all about The Milk Bar is where it’s situated. For an afternoon out I'd suggest gallery hopping between Circa art gallery and Everard Read gallery which is situated on the same street as The Milk Bar. After that, lunch at The Milk Bar followed by a stroll along the street to see the other artsy stores like Anatomy Design (a minimal furniture store), Shelflife (a modern sneaker store) and Missibaba (a local luxury designer bag store.) If you're up for it, after that pop into Marble Restaurant -also on the street- for dessert with an amazing sunset view.

3) Go see a 4DX movie! Yesterday I went to see the movie Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children at Hyde Park Corner. It was my first 4D movie experience and I was amazed at how the seats move with the characters in the movie, you smell what they smell and feel the weather get chilly and gloomy as the characters do too! The movie itself was brilliant and the experience made it even more epic. It’s a must to do - in Jozi.


I can’t wait to share more of my experiences with you. Do give Jozi a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment