Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A local shopping list to die for:

At this point I'm sure you are aware that I love to support local fashion brands. I try to wear local clothing and accessories for fashion events. However, I realized that many people don't know where to buy local fashion.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that international brands are much easier to find in traditional shopping malls, while local brands are sprawled all over the city (of Johannesburg in my case). I've decided to compile a local shopping list - for you - which contains things that I myself want to purchase. I will include the prices, images, locations and contact details of all the items on my shopping list as well for your own ease.

Before I get to the shopping list I want to show you what I've already ticked off from my imaginary list of things I'd like to purchase.

I purchased a variation of the dress I wore for fashion week (from Heart & Heritage) and since then I have worn it in three different ways. I've worn this dress with a waist belt and pumps; with a shirt under and heels (to dress it up) and with a tee over and sneakers (for a casual look). I love how versatile it is! 

(If the image appears blur due to the high resolution quality, click on it to see it clearly).





Photography by: Layla Shaik Photography.
Hair by Runway Rae (tutorial coming soon).

Now for the fun part...

The Shopping list:
1) Heart & Heritage


Tops, both priced at R699

Where: Convoy, The Bamboo Centre, Melville, Johannesburg/ Also available online at Zando
Contact: 083 548 5321

2)Pichulik 
Where: Available online at Pichulik.com and in Newtown Junction
Contact: +27 74 869 7979 

Earrings priced at R680

Bracelets priced at R380




3)Crystal Birch
 
Hat price R850

Where: The Cosmopolitan, Maboneng Precinct, Joahnnesburg
Contact: See their facebook page here.

4) Somerset Jane
Jumpsuit priced at R980

Where: Available at severeal Burgundy Fly retailers across Johannesburg
Contact: somersetjane@gmail.com

5) Mantsho BY PALESA MOKUBUNG 
Top priced at R799

Where: Available online at Zando
Contact: info@mantsho.co 

6)Maria Mccloy 

Bag price on request

Where: Workshop Newtown, Johannesburg
Contact: maria@rage.co.za 
I hope you all enjoy the shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment