Sunday, June 5, 2016

Alice is that you?

My blog has become more of a business rather than a hobby lately, which isn't a bad thing at all but sometimes that makes it easy to forget why I started blogging in the first place. I'm a person who likes unique clothing and putting clothing together in a unique way. I wanted to keep a journal of my ideas and show people more about the playful approach I had to putting looks together... and so RMfashionary was born.

This shoot was done mainly because my friends and I wanted ice cream but also because I haven't done a fun look post in a long while. As most of you probably noticed on my Instagram I love taking flat lays of quirky items that I discover while shopping. Socks are my favourite quirky accessory lately.

Here's my take on Alice in Wonderland with an overload of pink...

(Click on the images if they appear blur due to the high resolution quality.)









Jersey: Woolworths
Skirt: Mr Price
Sneakers: Superga
Socks: TopShop
Bag: Aldo

Speaking of Alice in Wonderland, the latest film Alice through the looking glass has just come out in Cinemas and it's a must see. The costumes and make up were spectacular throughout the film. 

The costume designer behind the colourful dress that Alice wears is Colleen Antwood. This lady clearly knows what shes doing as she has had the whimsical job of creating costumes for movies like 'Edward Scissorhands,' Memoirs of a Geisha', and 'Chicago'. The most exciting news yet is that she is rumored to be designing costumes for the up and coming Harry Potter franchise movie, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.' I cant wait for the film to come out, perhaps It will inspire me to do my take on a Harry Potter inspired look post.

All photos by: laylashaikphotography


No comments:

Post a Comment