Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Taste of RELIC


One of the things I love most about studying at a fashion school is that I get to go through my degree, with some remarkably talented "creatives". One of whom is Alexandra Harrison who has taken it upon herself to pursue her dreams and create her own clothing label called "RELIC".

She says "I try to give the brand a competitive edge by quickly reacting to customer’s needs.  Each RELIC item is either one of a kind or comes in limited items per style. This provides customers with quirky, exclusive pieces. RELIC also has a thrift section. A RELIC THRIFT offers an array of carefully selected fashionable thrifty finds at affordable prices." Alex's clothing is everything from unique, stylish, vintage, to quirky. She showcases her garments at certain markets like the Social Market, and she will be showcasing at the Tin Factory this coming weekend. If you're looking for something one of a kind and proudly South African, Relic is the place to get it.

This shoot focuses on "The Everyday Fashionable Girl":
'
Dress: Cotton On
Boots: Woolies
Necklace: Hand-me-down
Jacket: RELIC
 
One of the things I appreciate most about RELIC clothing is how comfortable yet fashiony it makes me feel.
Box dress: RELIC
 
This is actually an extended tee from the RELIC menswear range but I had to try it on.
 Coat: My hubby's
Bag: Thailand
  Shoes: Factorie
 

1 comment: