Sunday, August 14, 2016

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week S/S Overview:

Fashion Week, a four day event which generally leads to me asking one question "What am I going to wear?'' Luckily, SA has some amazing local designer clothing to choose from. I collaborated with "Convoy Shop," a store based in Melville (Johannesburg) for all my Fashion Week outfits this year.

Convoy Shop is home to six SA Designer's clothing lines. The three designers I chose to wear from the store were: Merwe Mode, Selfi and Heart & Heritage. Each look was unique and boxy in its silhouette.

Merwe Mode provided the perfect pair of statement culottes, since the legs of the pants were so accentuated and in pink- my favourite colour. 


(If the images appear blur please click on it to see it clearly. This is due to the high resolution of the picture.)



Another look from Merwe Mode:



Selfi stole my heart with both a pair of culottes and a culotte jumpsuit that was simply elegant. 



Just before I left the store, I stumbled across the bubbly designer, Lesley, from Heart & Heritage. She was dropping off her new range for the store and this navy & orange peplum styled top caught my eye instantly. Heart & Heritage will also be showcasing at the next SA Fashion Week and if what's in store is anything to go by, she is surely a designer to watch.




Top: Heart and Heritage
Pants: Selfi




The four days of Mercedes Benz showcased Spring/Summer collections from various designers. Overall my favourite collections from Fashion Week were:

Marianne Fassler; because of the fun take on the a-line skirt and live music during her show. Click here to see more.

Orapeleng Modutle Style Avenue; because of the glamorous and elegant dresses that flowed down the runway with wide brimmed hats.





Stefania Morland; because of the large ruffled dresses that resembled romantically decorated cakes.Click here to see more.

Maxhosa by Laduma; because of the print on print, preppy burst of colour of clothing that entertained all of us watching.Click here to see more.

Rich Mnisi x Maps Maponyane; for always showing us new ideas about how to wear clothing.




All runway images supplied by: African Fashion International
All streetstyle shots done by:Layla Shaik Photography
My hair done by: Runway Rae





No comments:

Post a Comment